In the imperial Gazetteer of India 1878, Pusa was recorded as a government estate of about 1350 acres in Darbhanbge. It was acquired by East India Company for running a stud farm to supply better breed of horses mainly for the army. Frequent incidence of glanders disease (swelling of glands), mostly affecting the valuable imported bloodstock made the civil veterinary department to shift the entire stock out of Pusa. A British tobacco concern Beg Sutherland & co. got the estate on lease but it also left in 1897 abandoning the government estate of Pusa.
Updates of rajendra agriculture university result at www.rpcau.ac.in
The foundation stone of the Agricultural Research Institute and college was laid by Lord curzon on the 1st of April, 1905. In his speech, the viceroy had expressed his vision that the seed he was planting would soon blossom out, making Pusa the nucleus of agricultural activities, research and education which would not only benefit Bihar and Bengal but the whole of the country and would attract the best of talents from India and abroad. In separate meeting with the Bihar Planters Association, he fervently hoped that the institute would-be of immense service to them in their grave hour of crisis caused by the German Indigo scientist.Lord Curzon left by the end of 1905 and Lord Minto was his successor. Till the last minute he had seen through each and every detail of the Pusa project which virtually was his brainchild. Incidentally one major issue on which he had not agreed was the architecture of the main building, its wings, vaults and arches but finally he gave his consent of course with a stint.Rajendra Agricultural University results
are available on Indiaresults.com as well.
For More Details Please Visit Our Website:- www.rpcau.ac.in/